Today there are many platforms to create a free blog or create a website for free in a few minutes, but the question always comes to us, which one do I have to choose?
Having a Blog is almost an essential requirement of our curriculum, and you can open the doors of new or better professional proposals.
Although it seems incredible, we only need 12 months to go from being a totally unknown person to being a popular and relevant person in our sector.
But I will not deceive you, you have to work many hours to implement the following actions.
How to Create a Free Blog or Create a Website for Free
To create a free blog or create a website for free, it is easier than you can imagine and, in a few minutes, you can have it operational.
Virtually all platforms to create a free blog work the same way.
For example, in the case of WordPress.com you only have to follow 4 steps:
- Answer a series of questions about your new blog.
- Choose the name you will have.
- Select a type of plan.
- Enter your email, username, and password.
- Verify your account.
And that’s it, we would have only needed 5 steps to create a free blog.
There is anything simpler?
Well, before mentioning the best pages to create a free blog or create a website for free I will give you a series of reasons why I consider it positive that you do, but also a series of inconveniences.
I would also like you to leave me a comment at the end of the article if you are hesitating between opening a free or paid blog.
Types of Free Blogs You Can Create
First of all, I would like to explain the different types of blogs that exist for you to take into account.
This step is fundamental and is something that few people have in mind when starting their blogging journey.
You must know for what purpose you want to create your blog.
Depending on what your goal is, the content strategy for a blog varies in all its phases.
So, first of all, think about what purpose you want to do it.
Personal Brand Blog
There are many people who decided to create a blog to improve their personal brand and get a better job or better salary conditions.
The curriculum vitae as we know it is now changing.
Now not great importance is given to the titles but to the abilities of each person.
And what better way to show your knowledge in your blog?
Surely that is why parts with a certain advantage than other possible candidates.
More and more companies have realized that a blog is a fundamental weapon to gain visibility and a community of fans around.
If you know how to make a good content strategy, you will not only get more visits, but you will also be able to win subscribers and then transform them into customers.
Other people decide to create a free blog and earn money thanks to the niches.
They are blogs specialized in different topics in which the profits come in large part thanks to the income from advertising.
Advantages of Create a Free Blog or Create a Website for Free
If you are still thinking of creating a free blog or creating a website for free is a good or bad option, I will tell you the advantages that I think you could benefit from.
It is free
Obviously, the main advantage is that you will be able to make a blog on the internet totally free. Without costing you one euro.
The configuration is very simple
If you have read the beginning of the article you will have seen that it does not have much complexity, anyone can do it so you do not need any knowledge.
You will learn day by day
The fact of having to write articles will cause us to consult different sources of information to validate data and with this, we are in continuous training.
You will get to write better
The fact of having to read so many articles will also make our reading, comprehension and writing skills improve in our day to day.
In addition, it may be that at the beginning it costs you to write, but I am sure that with the time you will do it more and more smoothly.
You can always switch to a payment option
Do not think that by creating a free blog or creating a website for free you will always have to stay with it.
If in the future you decide to opt for a more professional platform, you will also be able to transfer your project.
Disadvantages of Creating a Free Blog or Creating a Website for Free
Of course, do not think that everything is pink because although later I will list the best pages to create a free blog or create a website for free you also have to take into account a number of drawbacks.
Few Customization Options
If you are one of the people who like to personalize everything, I am sorry to tell you that in this case, you will be able to change very few elements.
The big drawback I see is that if you really want to take your project seriously, you will grow more slowly than if you start with a professional website.
If one day you decide to move your blog for free to a payment platform you must know that you have to do a migration.
And there you will need more technical knowledge.
So if you’re really going to take your project seriously, let me tell you that choosing any platform to create a free blog is a serious mistake.
8 Platforms to Create a Free Blog or Create a Website for Free
Now that we have seen the different types of blogs that exist and what are the different advantages and disadvantages of starting your project, we can already see the best pages to Create a Website for Free.
WordPress is the most used and most successful content manager today, making it the first platform to create a free blog that I recommend.
Of course, you do not have to be confused with WordPress.org (which is paid, although it is really the option that I recommend and then I will explain why).
That said, let’s see the 6 steps to create a free web page or free WordPress blog:
First of all, you should go to this page and choose the free plan.
Then you just have to follow the instructions:
- Sign up for WordPress.com and verify your Account or just sign up with your Gmail (it is not needed to be verified).
- Choose what kind of site are you building (Blog, Business, Professional, Online Store).
- Choose what is your (Blog, Business, Professional, Online Store) about.
- Type your (Blog, Business, Professional, Online Store)’s name.
- Choose a style for your website (Modern, Sophisticated, Professional, Calm).
- Give your blog an address and choose the free one (ipostjournal.home.blog in this case).
- Finally, pick a plan that’s right for you (for free just click on “Start with a Free Site“).
- Congrats, your site is created and start writing your articles.
Wix is a good alternative to create a free and easy blog. It is very intuitive to handle and, also, allows many customization options to leave the blog to your liking.
Although as an inconvenience I would like to highlight that:
- They are usually websites with high load time.
- It’s a complex thing to migrate to WordPress if you want to do it in the future.
Steps to create a free blog or create a website for free with Wix:
- We must create our account with our email. You can also register from Facebook.
- Select the type of web page we want to create from the following options:
- Online store
- Restaurant and food
- Beauty and well-being
- Portfolios and CVs
- Choose how you want to create your website (Two options):
- Let Wix ADI Create a website for you (Recommended).
- Create your website with the Wix editor.
- After choosing the first option, enter the information on your new page like:
- What type of site do you want to create? (Fashion Blog, News Blog, Blogger, Health Blog, Business Blog, ….Etc.)
- What do you need on your new website? (Chat, Bookings, Online Store, Video, Events, Instagram Feeds, Paid Plans).
- What is the name of your blog?
- In this step, If you want to import content from your existing website, your Facebook business page, Google place, just copy and paste your links in the given fields.
- After that, Just review and edit your info and upload your website logo.
- In this step, pick a theme you like (The font and color you will choose will be used to design your site and you can change it later).
- Finally, pick your favorite homepage design that best suits your needs.
- Once we have our page ready, we can click on the publish button.
One of the best-known programs to create a free blog or create a website for free is Blogger.
Many of the bloggers who start with their project and do not have much technical knowledge or budget start with this option.
In addition, among its advantages, we could also highlight that you can connect it with Google Analytics and you can also add advertising ads in Adsense.
Steps to make a free personal blog with blogger:
- Open an account in Gmail and log in.
- Go to Blogger.com.
- Pick on “Create New Blog“
- Indicate the title, your domain (address) and choose the Theme (You can also change the title, address, and theme later).
- Configure it and create the necessary pages.
This is the most recent platform since it was founded in 2012 by the founders of Twitter, Evan Williams, and Biz Stone.
It really is also considered as a social network, but it is also a platform to create a free blog.
Also, if you like minimalism, it is an option to consider, because you only have to worry about writing.
There are no sidebars, plugins, etc. It is a site to read and publish.
Although as you have understood it also has its drawbacks, since the customization options are scarce.
Steps to open a free blog on Medium:
- In the upper tab, you will have to click on Login.
- Register with one of the options offered (Google, Twitter, Facebook or Email).
- Select all the topics you are interested in reading about (Select 3 or more to continue).
- In the upper tab, pick on your profile photo then click on “New Story” to write your first post.
Site 123 is a program to create free websites really intuitive and very easy to use.
As they say, you do not need design or programming skills, with using the styles and designs that they already give you they can start.
Steps to open a free blog on Site 123:
- From the homepage of SITE123, click on “Start here”.
- Indicate the type of website:
- Online Store
- Handyman Services
- Restaurants and Food
- Technology & Web
- Transportation Services
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Creative Arts
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation & Sport
- CV and Portfolio
- Add your Blog Name
- Sign up with (Email or Facebook or Gmail)
- Edit your template content with your own content.
- Publish your website.
Other Platforms and Programs to Create Free Websites or Blogs
I have also wanted to compile another series of tools available to start your own project that may not be as well known but may be more suited to what you are looking for.
With Weebly, you can easily create a web page, a blog or an online store.
Something that is striking to me is that you can edit your website from any device. It also has its own application for iPhone and Android.
Weebly has more than 40 million people worldwide who use their services, so it is a sign that users trust this platform.
Steps to create a free blog or website with Weebly:
- Click on “Create Your Website” from the homepage.
- Sign up with Email.
- Choose what kind of website you would like to create (just need a website or you need a website with an online store).
- Select the theme that best suits your needs from categories (Online Store, Business, Portfolio, Personal, Event, Blog, Coming Soon and Other).
- Click on “Start Editing“.
- Customize your website and then click on “Publish“.
- Select your domain name and choose the free one to create a free website (in my case ipostjournal.weebly.com.
- congrats you have a free website from Weebly.
If you want to get started in the world of blogging and messing up, it can also be a good option to use Jimdo to create a free personal blog or your website.
Of course, you should know that in its free version, you will only have:
- A subdomain
- 500 MB of storage
- 2 GB of bandwidth
In short, if you want to create a more complex project such as an online store or a more professional website, you will need to go to the paid version.
Steps to create a free blog or website with Jimdo:
- Click on “Start Now” from the homepage of Jimdo.
- Sign up with (Facebook or Gmail or Email) to continue.
- Choose what kind of website you would like to create (Website or Store or Blog).
- Choose hoe do you want to create your website? (No coding required or the editor for coding experts).
- Who are you creating a website for? (Single Individual or A group of people).
- Choose What is your website for? (Personal project or event, A project or hobby, ….. Etc.).
- Type the name of your business or project.
- Jimdo will search for Facebook pages that have the same name as your project. choose the one of yours or “I don’t see my profile here” if you don’t find your one.
- choose what are the goals of your website? (Promote my content, Announce an event or project, Get hired, Get online bookings, Share my Portfolio, Sell online).
- What is your website about? (Choose one that is best suits your needs).
- Connect to Instagram if you want to get your images from Instagram.
- Choose your style.
- Choose the colors that you like best.
- add the pages that your website needs (Just pick on pages you need).
- Get a custom domain (click on “Choose a different one”).
- Type your domain name and choose the free one that ends with “.jimdosite.com” for creating a free website.
- Add your content and publish your website.
With Webnode, you can even make a free web page with your own domain. Some of its features are as follows:
- It has hundreds of templates so you can create the web pages of your business or online store.
- More than 30 million people have created their website with Webnode.
- You can make totally responsive websites.
Steps to create a free blog or website with Jimdo:
- Click on “Get Started” from the homepage.
- Sign up.
- Choose what type of website you would like (Website or E-commerce).
- Choose your template from categories (Business, E-commerce, Personal, Blog, Restaurant and Food, Music, Portfolio, Wedding).
- Your website is ready and Edit it.
- Add your content and publish your website.
Tips When Choosing the Best Site to Create a Free Blog
Finally, I would also like to give you a series of tips when choosing your platform.
Think that if you’re really going to take it seriously, it’s a more important decision than you might think.
1. Choose a quality hosting
Be careful with the hosting you choose.
Do not get carried away by television ads or the size of the company when choosing it.
The most important thing in hosting is that it is effective, guarantee its service and when there is a problem do not leave you “hung”.
Choosing a free platform to create your first Blog or website seems to be a valid solution. When the project begins to generate many visits, you can migrate to a paid platform.
One aspect that you should keep in mind is that the benefits offered by free hosting are not comparable to those offered by a good payment hosting.
2. What is your goal?
Depending on your objective, there will also be platforms that best fit your needs.
For example, if you only want to write and tell your personal stories, with Medium you can cover your eagerness to write.
If you are looking for greater customization then you have to look for a more modular option such as WordPress.com.
Of course, your customization options are also limited.
3. If you are serious I do not recommend any of the pages to create a free blog
If you are really going to take your project with a sincere ambitious perspective, I do not recommend any platform to create a free blog.
I recommend that you bet on creating your project on WordPress.org and whenever you can hire a designer.
You will be able to customize all kinds of aspects and create a really professional appearance.
Think of it as your cover letter, and we all like to go well dressed and ready for our first date, right?
What is the Best Platform to Create a Free Blog?
I always say that it is not good to make generalizations, that depending on our objective the most recommended option will be one or the other.
You should know that the migration from a free platform to paid hosting is relatively simple, so all the work we have done is not going to be lost, which is fantastic.
I always recommend starting a hybrid option: a paid domain and free hosting.
In this way, we can buy a domain that is for example name + surname.com, and in the future, we can change the hosting for a paid one.
Would You Add Another Platform to Create a Free Web Page or Blog?
Tell me your experience using free hosting, either positive or negative, because what happened to you can be very useful for other users.
If you liked the post, you can share it with a friend.