Yes, you read it right: Cauliflower Pizza Dough Recipe. It has no flour, and it is crispy and delicious. I’ve already done it many times since my daughter Sara handed me the recipe she saw in PopSugar that she follows and loves it. Now it’s time to share it with you, but above all to tell you the tricks to make you rich. It is ideal if your children do not like this vegetable and you want to put it in camouflage mode because really the flavor is very blurred and barely noticeable.
Cauliflower Pizza Dough Recipe
For cauliflower dough
- 600 grams cauliflower
- 1 Nos. organic egg
- 200 grams grated mozarella
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- A pinch Salt
For the filling
- 5 tablespoons fried tomato
- 4 rolled mushrooms
- A little red pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 125 grams fresh mozarella
- A little oregano
- A pinch salt
- Split the cauliflower into small buds and grind it. If you have a robot, crush it for a few flashes. In the Thermomix, for example, putting it 6-7 seconds at progressive speed 5-7-9 looks good.
- Put it in a bowl with a pinch of salt and microwave it for 10 minutes at full power. Let it cool.
- When it is cold or almost cold, add the beaten egg, the 200 g of grated mozzarella and the 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese – or Manchego. Mix everything well with your hands. You will notice the dough a little wet: dry the dough well in the bowl itself, pressing on the dough with paper towels. Preheat your oven to 250ºC.
- Spread baking paper on the countertop. Put the dough on it and form a flattened ball with your hands. Cover with other baking paper and gently flatten the dough with a rolling pin until it forms the basis of what your pizza will be. Remove the paper from above, and correct the edge with your hands so that it fits you as well as possible.
- Lower the oven to 220º — don't forget it — and put the dough in about 12-15 minutes in the oven. You have to be left without toasting, but notice that it has been done. While the dough is in the oven, cut the vegetables and pass them through the pan with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil, until they are left to your liking since then you have a few minutes of baking.
- Remove the tray. This next thing you have to do quickly. Spread the fried tomato, put the chopped mozzarella (it comes in a ball), spread the vegetables over it, add a little oregano and a pinch of salt, and again in the oven for another 12 or 15 minutes. The look is like the one you see in the photo. Serve immediately, because it cools faster than the classic fermented dough!
- Regarding the time, the cauliflower has to be in the microwave, it depends a lot on how warm it is. Minimum time about 10 minutes, but maybe 2 or 3 more minutes will not hurt. It has to be with a soft but loose texture. If you don’t have a microwave, you can steam it, the result has to have as little water as possible.
- When I take out the grated or crushed cauliflower from the microwave, the bowl is very hot, and it takes a long time to cool, so I like to change it to an empty bowl that I have previously put in the refrigerator.
- It is a delicate base, so I recommend you not transfer it to any presentation plate. We eat it as it comes out of the oven. When you cut it and being so thin it breaks a little and I really don’t care about anything. You can make it as thick as you like, but I put it thin because the crunch is better appreciated.
You can also download the Cauliflower Pizza Dough Recipe in PDF format from the following button.
Yes, you read it right: Cauliflower Pizza Dough Recipe. It has no flour, and it is crispy and delicious. I’ve already done it many times since my daughter Sara handed me the recipe she saw in PopSugar that she follows and loves it.