Fulfillment Model is a term that is used in logistics, to specify the process that contains all the phases of the development of a product, such as projection, manufacture, stock, and distribution, from the moment the customer makes the order until the product is delivered finally.
It is a systematic sales service that is done electronically. It involves the customer in the online purchase, making the purchase easy and fast, speeding up the logistics and order delivery process.
With this, you seek maximum customer satisfaction and approval and at the same time increase your profits.
Its main objective is to meet the demands and expectations of the client. To achieve this goal, efficiency and coordinated work are needed to finally guarantee the timely distribution of the product and achieve customer compliance.
Elements of the Fulfillment model
Each company organizes coordinated movements in the supply process that range from its distributors to its customers, all this to improve its service, shorten costs and increase its revenues.
As is well known, information technology occupies a very important role in everything related to the distribution process, this instrument is especially responsible for everything related to the agreement between company and customer – final user.
For this entire shipping process to be carried out properly, there must be certain elements that are of utmost importance:
- Fast: all products must be guaranteed to arrive on time at all times to avoid setbacks with the customer.
- Accuracy: The correct product must be delivered in optimal conditions to avoid losing the customer.
- Scalability: the aforementioned elements must remain active, according to the growth of the company, to demonstrate efficiency at all times.
- Service: the client must know in detail all the orders, keep track of the dispatch of a product and must be satisfied with the service.
Compliance orders in service have several phases and some procedures that must be followed in detail:
- The customer makes the purchase on the site: this includes communication with the customer and the payment process.
- The order is received: it is selected according to the distribution to be made picking or packing, selection or packaging.
- The shipment is made: the collection will be done, accepting the distribution model that has been chosen.
- It is monitored: this phase contains the process of returns, refunds, replacements, and feedback.
Fulfillment model Configurations
The fulfillment in a warehouse or storage can facilitate any oversupply condition that it can be also be used as logistical support to maintain the increased capacity of a warehouse in particular.
In order to cover this need, there is a fulfillment order available in the sales access.
The completion of the fulfillment has a single work area in the sales access that is used only to review orders. This covers everything related to the order, from receiving the order, marking it as shipped or picking it up in the deposit.
It is necessary to follow a series of requirements to specify what method will be used to fulfill the order from the sales access. After the operation has been determined, you can select:
- All orders: all the lines of orders that the warehouse currently has are shown here.
- Orders to send: in this option, you can verify the orders that will go out of the warehouse.
- Orders to collect: specifically shows the orders that must be collected in the warehouse.
Uses of the Fulfillment model
Upon entering the access and selecting the Fulfillment order, the lines corresponding to the shipping order or the order to pick up will be listed. In addition, the order can be displayed in detail:
- Customer name
- Order number
- Product description
- Product code
- Delivery Date Agreed
- Requested amount
- Delivery Status
To see other information with more details, you must select the lines of the specific order, a menu will appear at the bottom of the customer information, which shows the following specification:
- Requested amount
- Quantity of products in stock
- Invoiced amount
- Quantity packed
- Selected quantity
- Method of delivery
- Delivery address
In addition to this, another type of information related to more complete order information is shown:
- Customer name
- Customer Identification Number
- Order Number
- Total Order
- Order Cost
Other Functions to Perform
Other things that can be done from the point of sale access:
- Edit: If the order is pending, it can be edited in the sales access, but if on the contrary, the order has already been selected or invoiced, it cannot be edited.
- Accept: The entire process must be properly configured to continue with the acceptance of the order
- Selection: there are several options here, we find the option selected, which allows you to keep the system updated so that an order is not selected twice. Mark selected, indicates the operations and activities inventory transactions carried out within the office.
- Reject: An order can be rejected if it has not yet been selected or packed, if it is rejected it can be transferred from one warehouse to another for a new assignment.
- Packing: This option allows two procedures: Print receipt, will print a receipt for the orders that have been selected, in addition to the option “Mark as packed”, will show the order as packed and ready to be delivered.
- Send: In this option, it shows that the order has already been delivered, even if it is still pending to be sent. After fully shipped, it will disappear from the order list.
- Collect: If there are any orders that have not yet been removed from the warehouse, they will be added to the list of collection operations, only after they have been fully withdrawn, they will disappear from the pending collection option.
This has been everything! If you liked the post, leave us your comment and share it with your friends. Undoubtedly, the Fulfillment model is a process that facilitates the purchase process for all customers, in addition to guaranteeing maximum satisfaction, being an efficient, safe and transparent process.